Pensioners & Veterans
You may be eligible to receive free (fully subsidised) hearing services and base level hearing aids through the Office of Hearing Services if you meet one of the following criteria;
- Hold a Pensioner Concession Card
- Receive Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- Are the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions
- Are the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss
- Are a dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- Are a member of the Australian Defense Force
- NDIS participant (after 1 July 2018)
The Clinical Specialists at Cairns Audiology Group are all accredited to provide services on behalf of the Office of Hearing Services both at our Cairns site and from all of our 4 visiting sites.
If you are covered by the program but the instruments you want are not covered by the program you can choose to use the subsidy towards more advanced hearing aids (top-up devices) and pay the gap yourself. We find this is rarely necessary unless you are looking for specific features.
If you are NDIS participant (after 1 July 2018) Cairns Audiology Group can apply for more advanced hearing aid technology free of charge should you require them.